Tuesday, February 26, 2013

colourQ 178

The colors this week at colourQ were a perfect excuse to sharpen my masculine card making skills.  Especially since I saw that the challenge this week at Addicted to CAS was to make a masculine card!



The horizontal sketch layout at CAS(E) This Sketch had me stumped at first, but then I got the bright idea to line up thin layers of cardstock on an angle.  I really like how it turned out.  And, of course, in a case of me merrily making my card and not paying attention to the challenge, I had the whole thing put together ready for photographing before I realized that I forgot the Summer Starfruit.  So I carefully pried apart my layers and stuck a piece of Summer Starfruit under the sentiment.  Presto!


Don't forget to head on over to colourQ and check out the challenge and the other cards from the design team.  They are amazing as always!

Supplies:
Stamps:  WTF (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)

16 comments:

Happy Dance said...

You've nailed both challenges! Great card, with great color design and perfect for a guy. Nice! Bev

Ardyth said...

Every time I see this stamp, I'm a little shocked. And then I remember it's ok! lol! I love how you made the backing panel with those stripes of blue - perfect masculine card. Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Allisa said...

Great save on the challenge!

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card. You rocked both challenges.

Unknown said...

I love this! Great job Jen!

Unknown said...

By the way, who makes this WTF stamp? I MUST have it!

Thanks ladies

Kim S said...

I love the fun of the diagonal stripes with that sentiment!! Somebody will be happy on their 50th birthday!!?? Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Rita W said...

Why is that stamp cracking me up?! I LOVE it. (Does that make me bad?) Great card; the strips of card stock are genius!

Karen Day said...

Funniest thing ever, Jen! Love your card :o)

Tenia Nelson said...

Love it!!

CASTOWNE said...

What a great masculine card. I love how you used all different color strips for the background, rather than the solid block shown in the sketch.

Kylie said...

WTF? Wow, Terrific, Fantastic.. ;)
Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Anonymous said...

I love this combination- and the quote on the card. Lol! Is it a stamp? If so, where from?

Shirley Pumpkin said...

LMAO!!! WTF! perfect Card for both Challenges!! I have forgotten an element to many times to count! Glad to see I am not the only one! lol

Hugs
Shirley

Unknown said...

Great card, brought a huge smile on my face! I've been thinking of getting my hands on that stamps myself, and your gorgeous card made my itching a bit stronger ;) Thank you for joining us at Addicted to CAS!

Terstamper said...

LOL! Love the way it made my eyes pop in shock and then read the caption underneath. Lol.I have a colleague turning 50 this year and I think she'll love it.

Ter ;)