Tuesday, February 12, 2013

colourQ 176

I'm so glad to be back in a crafting mood after the recent snow storm around these parts.  It took me a while to warm up once the heat came back on, but once it did I plunked myself in my stamp room and got busy.  First up is a card I made for this week's colourQ challenge.



I'll admit that I had a few starts and stops when I finally sat down to make this card.  I had something else in mind entirely for these colors, but wasn't happy with what I came up with so I scrapped it and went with this.  The polka dotted background is some pretty DSP called Orchard Harvest.  I followed that up with some Primrose Petals circles and some leaves and flowers stamped in Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral.  The layout I used is from the Seize The Birthday challenge where the assignment is to use the sketch to create a feminine birthday card.  And to me nothing says feminine like some pretty flowers!


Thanks so much for stopping by.  The always-amazing colourQ design team have got some great cards to inspire you this week so be sure to pop on by and check them out.  I hope you have time to join us in the gallery!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Canvas (SU), Embroidered Blooms (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Beautiful Blooms Die #2, Turning a New Leaf Die (Papertrey Ink), crochet thread


7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so beautiful Jen!

Shelly said...

Such a pretty card!

LeAnne said...

So fun! How did I miss this earlier? I love that Orchard Harvest DP....gives a really rich background look!

Rose said...

LOVE this one Jen :)
So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card Jen! I see that awesome twine!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the polka dot background and the way you've stamped you sentiment directly onto it Jen.

Kara said...

Beautiful, Jen!! Cool sketch!