Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I just love it when a card comes together fairly quickly with a minimum of fuss!  Such was my experience when I decided that the Unscripted Sketch and the RED challenge at CASology were a match made in heaven!



I had a vague idea of how I wanted this card to look and when sat down to make it and was pleasantly surprised when my combination of red washi tape and a heart punched from red glimmer paper looked as good in person as it did in my head.  (That doesn't always happen for me)!  And although the sketch doesn't specifically call for a sentiment, I added the valentine one because today, of all days, it's appropriate!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Accessories:  Heart to Heart punch (SU), washi tape, dimensionals


16 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is the ultimate in CAS - love all that white space and the little pops of red! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Jen!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ardyth - the ultimate CAS card! Just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous CAS card Jen! Happy Valentines Day to you! Thank you so much for sharing this week at CASology!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this CAS card! Seeing your card gave me an idea for a simple Christmas card! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Simply perfect and perfectly simple ... love it! Anita in France :)

Happy Dance said...

Minimal fuss, maximum impact! This is so wonderfully CAS, and that red heart is just the right punch. Love it! Bev

Melissa said...

B.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. :) CAS perfection! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Karen M said...

Totally perfect, Jen. Isn't washi tape perfect for CAS cards? I love this, it's a real winner! Kx

Carina said...

great cas card,love it!

Meg said...

I love the simplicity of your card - it is just gorgeous.

Judy1223 said...

Jen, this sweet Valentine is a CAS dream! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, this sweet Valentine is a CAS dream! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Geri said...

Don't you just love Washi tape? Quite addictive...hmmmm....kind of like shoes or stamp sets!

Thanks for choosing our Unscripted Sketch for your perfectly clean & simple card. Love the glorious white space!

:) Geri

SmilynStef said...

Washi ... glitz ... swoon ... so very glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Maureen Merritt said...

It doesn't get more perfectly CAS than this! I haven't figured out how to properly use washi, but you certainly have :)
Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Love that red grid washi! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!