Tuesday, February 5, 2013

colourQ 175

Well, Tuesday means some awesome new colors from colourQ.  I've got to admit that these colors looked so fantastic when I first saw them, but I couldn't quite translate all that fantastic-ness onto my card!



I think it was the Tangerine Tango that was throwing me for a loop.  After several starts and stops, I managed to finally incorporate it in the small vertical strips.  I had it in mind to make a card that used some cool graphic images because I was planning on giving it to my niece who had her tonsils out the other day, and I knew she'd appreciate the fun, modern design.  I understand that the recovery from the procedure is extremely painful and I wanted to give her a little boost so I grabbed this sentiment, which will put a smile on her face!  The classic layout is courtesy of the latest retro sketch.



Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to stop on by colourQ and check out the cards from the DT!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Grunge Me (PTI), Fight Like a Girl (a.muse studio)

8 comments:

Gabi MeWi said...

Love your card...

sandie said...

great card Jen, love how you have used this grunge set with the girly colours!

Kristie Goulet said...

I think you did an amazing job using these colors! I am sure it will brighten your niece's day!

CASTOWNE said...

Tangerine Tango would have thrown me for a loop, too, but you managed to use all the colors in a perfect "Get Well" card for your niece. Love your take on the sketch.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Jen. Those retro circles look great.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this funky background you created Jen.

Claire said...

I think you've definitely translated the fantastic-ness onto your card - just gorgeous. And I love the sentiment too!

Lisa Elton said...

Very fun card Jen, love the modern design!