Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 72

This week at Freshly Made Sketches, we've got a great sketch from Cindy.  It's got great classic lines and a spot for any shape that tickles your fancy! 


I used the red and pink colors from Dynamic Duos but decided against the obvious Valentine suggested by the colors in favor of some funky flowers.  I found some Pretty in Pink DSP in my stash and I combined it with some embossed stripes on the bottom portion of the card.  I stamped the biggest flower in Real Red then stamped off to do the smallest one.  It's amazing to me how much stamping off dilutes the color because the smaller one looks quite pink to me.



Ok, that's it for me, but be sure to head on over to Freshly Made Sketches and check out the inspiration from the DT! 

Supplies:
Stamps:  Great Friend (SU), Funky Florals (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Stripes EF (SU), Chevron Stripes Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)



16 comments:

Kim S said...

The funky flowers work perfectly!! And your little zig zag is a perfect touch!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so pretty in pink! Funky flowers and zig zags work well together!

Linda Suarez said...

Love those funky flowers Jen! I really need to ink these up! Great card!

Bev Gerard said...

Love your take on this sketch! Just located the Freshly Made Sketch recently, and hope to play along soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

~Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jen for both challenges. Love your Funky Flowers. I always seem to have trouble lining them up on the die but you got it bang on.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jen
Gorgeous card ... Pretty colours...
Hugs sylvie xxx

Maria said...

Cute card! Beautiful color and so fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of the colors, Jen. ;-) I love that big chevron with the Funky Florals. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful my friend!!! Love those colours!! Those flowers are so fun looking!!! Such a creative take on the sketch!!

Tui Nathan said...

What a great card Jen .... love the funky flowers and that retro/cool zig zag border!

Unknown said...

Love your use of the challenge colours this week, Jen, lot of great texture and interest in your card. Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Dynamic Duos.

Unknown said...

Wow..Jen, love what you did with this week's colors. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Sue Wieberg said...

Awesome card. I really like the flowers with the circle. In fact, I liked it so much it inspired my card. :-)

Anonymous said...

Really cute card! Love the zig zag, and the flower stamps! I have to tell you, you should be a writer! I happened upon your Life In A Nutshell, and was laughing, in hysterics, at your spiders, IT adventures and Dippity Do! Man, you could be a writer :)

Heidi

Cindy Hall said...

This is soooo pretty! I love those "funky flowers", the layering and textures. Very versatile card!

Jen Timko said...

Awesome as usual! Love the pop of red with the pink!