Thursday, February 21, 2013

Seize The Birthday Guestie

A little while ago my friend, the super-talented stamper Lesley, asked me to join her this week as a guest designer at Seize the Birthday.  I was so excited that she asked there was no way I was going to refuse!



That pink means the challenge is to make a birthday-girl-card using this very cool sketch.  And the sponsor this month is The Alley Way Stamps so I inked up my favorite splashy flower in Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple - two pretty colors that I neglect way too much!  

I found some washi tape that matches Primrose Petals pretty closely and paired it with this black washi with some script writing to create the horizontal  layer.  Some days I think I've got a bit of a washi tape addiction!  It's such an easy way to add fun color and patterns to cards and the best part is that you don't have to be careful about how you stick it to your project.  In fact the more crooked it looks the better I like it!

Thanks so much to Lesley and the ladies at Seize the Birthday for letting me join you this week!  I can't wait to see what everyone creates with this great sketch!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Awesome Blossom, Cover Ups (The Alley Way Stamps)
Accessories:  washi tape

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Good morning Jen!! So thrilled to have you to our party at STB! You have created a beautiful card, love the pinks and that washi tape!! Thank you for the sweetness.
Hugs,
Lesley

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your color choices and the use of the washi tape. Congratulations on your GD spot!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Jen :) Huge congrats on your Guest DT & for TAWS DT too :) :) :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats and fantastic card Jen!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my, I love this card Jen ... the picks and that glorious washi tape is awesome!

CASTOWNE said...

Great colors, great take on the sketch...a simply great card...as are all the cards you make. No wonder you're asked so often to be a guest designer...you do great work!

Kay Miller said...

Jen this is just lovely!! I love the pink and those flower are fabulous!! Congratulations on you guest spot at Seize the Birthday! Very much deserved!

Rose said...

so glad you joined us as our guest!!! what a pretty card :)

Carol L said...

Your card is very trendy with that great washi, and I love the splotchy floral images!