Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 73

It's Wednesday and, of course, that means Freshly Made Sketches in my house!  This week, the sweet Jen B has provided our sketch and as soon as I saw it I was in love!



This card is too late for the Color Throwdown challenge, but I really loved these colors and wanted to make a card with them so that's what I did!  I used some ancient Basic Gray DSP called Urban Oasis which I then layered with a Pink Pirouette circle that I stitched around the edge.  The horizontal layer is nothing but a bit of Very Vanilla that I embellished with some zig zag stitching and a bit of black washi tape.  The layered flowers are stamped in Riding Hood Red and finished off with a big ol' pearl in the center.

I hope you have time to join us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  As always our amazing design team has got some great cards to jump start your creativity so be sure to pop on by and check them out.  And I hope you can join us in the gallery.  We love to see you there!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Secret Garden (SU), Hope Blooms (Verve)
Accessories:  Secret Garden die (SU), Basic Pearl Large (SU), washi tape


10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

SO pretty! Your pink circle is perfect with your other colors!

Marisa said...

Love your work, Jen, and this one is no exception. Great take on the sketch!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card! Great take on the sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love the watermark on your circle and I always love pink. Very pretty card Jen.

Rita W said...

Love! Do you think cupid would bring me a big box of washi tape? You make me LOVE it so much! Your colors are awesome on this one!

Tui Nathan said...

Ohh, what a lovely card Jen ... those florals are really pretty and that strip of washi is a wonderful touch ... love it!

Jen Brum said...

Love it! Love the colour combination! Love the washi tape!!! I need to pick me up some!!! Who doesn't love a big ol' pearl?! Fabulous card my friend!

Linda Suarez said...

So beautiful! So many great elements! I love that washi tape and the pretty flower with the big pearl center!

Cindy Hall said...

This is so pretty, Jen. I love the way you used the colors, and that flower with the pearl is wonderful!

Shelley said...

You definitely conquered both challenges. Such a pretty card with those colors. I seem to make very harsh looking cards when I have to use black or grey...good job!