Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 74

This week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge is brought to you by Allisa who has given us this great sketch that she considers a "go to" sketch.  I've got to agree because it's the kind of sketch that you can dress up or keep clean and simple depending on what you like.


I decided to use some of my precious Kiwi Kiss on this one mixing it up with some Chocolate Chip (a super-fabulous color combo).  And I love these grassy images because you can layer just about anything over them and they look good.  In this case I stamped some flowers and a butterfly in Poppy Parade along with a flower stem in Old Olive.

The super-amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team has got some great cards to show you featuring this sketch so be sure to head on over there and check them out.  I hope you'll be inspired to join us in the gallery!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Inspired by Nature (SU), Summer Silhouettes (SU), Beautiful Butterflies (PTI)
Accessories:  Kiwi Kiss ribbon, October Afternoon Witch Hazel button, crochet thread


12 comments:

Kim S said...

I LOVE Kiwi Kiss - I still have multiple packages in my stash!!! You have used it beautifully with the browns and that bright pop of red!

Linda Callahan said...

I love Kiwi Kiss with Chocolate Chip too! This is lovely......sweet garden scene! And about that bit of folded ribbon - love it!

Marisa said...

Love how you mixed the stamp sets and used the sketch. Lovely card :)

KnitterPam said...

I really love the colors on this card. Springy, and bright pops of color. Always looking for ideas for dark card bases.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love that grassy background! The kiwi kiss does look beautiful!!! Love that sentiment!!! This card makes me want summer to come even more!!!

Allisa said...

Love your color scheme! The pop of green is great against the brown.

Tui Nathan said...

What a delightful card ... i love that meadow scene ... just gorgeous!

CASTOWNE said...

Great colors and great take on the sketch. Loved it all, but especially liked the ribbon and button.

Linda Suarez said...

So pretty Jen! The colors are beautiful and I love the grassy image too!

Aileen said...

So pretty. Love the grasses with the stamps on the top. x

Cindy Hall said...

You are so right when you say this is a super fabulous color combo! I love the pop of red, too!

Jen Timko said...

I love everything about this card!! The colors really are fabulous! That poppy is perfect! What an awesome take on the sketch!