Saturday, February 2, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch 13 and Color Throwdown 227

It's been ages since I've been in my stamp room.  Actually it's been five days, but that's a long time in my book.  I tend to do a lot of stamping on the weekend in preparation for work that I need to get done for the week ahead then I feel like I need a break and take a few days off from the whole creative process.  But by the end of the work week I'm itching to get my fingers inky so I start trolling my favorite challenge blogs for some inspiration.

Last night I found the color challenge at Color Throwdown and the and the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch and decided the two would look pretty good together.



The leafy flourish is from the aptly named Leaf Filled Flourish and the flower is from Petal Pushers which I stamped twice, colored, then layered together.  This flower reminds me of spring, which I am anxiously awaiting.  The weather here in Massachusetts has been so strange lately.  One day the temperatures are frigid and the next day it feels like spring.  That's definitely not what I expect at this time of year!

Thanks for stopping by! 

8 comments:

Kim S said...

Such a beautiful use of the sketch and the colors - I love the flourish off the edges and it is such a perfect backdrop to the brilliant flower!

Ardyth said...

Ah, clever - love that stem curling around the top right to incorporate that element! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card! I love the stem curling up to incorporate that element!

The weather is crazy here in Northern NH too! One day it feels like spring and the next winter. :)

lostinpaper said...

Sooo pretty Jen! What a wonderful colour and sketch combo!
Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

CASTOWNE said...

So glad your fingers get itchy, because that meanns more inspiration for us. Love this card.

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, wow, this is clean and simple yet so stunning! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely ... beautiful colours, fabulous flourish going off the edge and definitely very spring like! Anita :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my goodness - this is absolutely stunning! Love that gorgeous flower, and the beautiful flourishes!! Incredible! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!!