Sunday, February 10, 2013

TAWS Guest Designer and CAS(E) This Skech 14

I wasn't sure I was going to get this card posted because my power went out Friday night during the snow storm and didn't come back on until this morning.  It was a very chilly 39-degrees in my house and I was seriously bundled up trying to keep warm.  Thankfully, the utility workers are working around the clock to restore power and they're just about rock stars in my opinion!

So I get to show you a card that I made for my second week being the Guest Designer at The Alley Way Stamps


I've got about 2 1/2 feet of snow in my yard so I definitely needed a bit of cheering up and I made this card with some fun washi tape with nice spring-time colors and this pretty flower from Petal Pushers.  I stamped the sentiment from Jibber Jabber directly onto the washi tape and then left it alone to dry for a long time.  I probably should have used Stazon ink to stamp that because it probably would sit on top of the washi tape a bit better, but I think it will be okay.  Note to self in future:  stamping on washi tape could get messy!

I used a slightly modified version of the sketch challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I meant for the washi tape to show on the left side of the flower to better fit the sketch, but I ripped it a bit too short.



Ok, I'll be back a bit a later with another card that I made for The Alley Way Stamps blog.  Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this..as always. Stay warm and be safe.

Stacey Schafer said...

love!

Karen M said...

This is gorgeous, Jen. I love the beautiful bold colours and the washi tape is perfect. I think it looks just right with the tape not going all the way across. Kx

Kim S said...

2 1/2 feet!! And I heard you were really cold!! But I definitely like how you have cheered yourself up! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

CASTOWNE said...

Glad you got your power back on so you could inspire us. Love this card and the way you used the embossing folder and Washi tape.

Ardyth said...

Great use of the washi and the half-embossed background!

Ardyth said...

Oops - hit 'publish' too soon - Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch! (and you win in the snow sweepstakes, I'm happy to say - we only got a foot and that's bad enough!

Unknown said...

Lovely card- I love the embossed background! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

LeAnne said...

That flower is so bold...and I love the washi tape too. Good to know about using Stazon....IF I ever use any of the washi I have laying around!

Jen W. said...

I've had a bit of trouble stamping on washi tape too and I'm always too impatient to wait for it to dry! Love the sweet striped tape and the way you coloured and popped the flower. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Anonymous said...

Super vibrant pink flower and stripey washi tape ... lovely and spring like amid all the bad weather! Anita in France :)