Tuesday, February 19, 2013

colourQ 177

I know that Christmas was a couple of months ago, but the colors this week at colourQ made me want to dig out some stamps and get a head start on my Christmas cards for this year.  



I didn't go over the top with a Christmas theme but kept it simple and used some of these fantastic snowflake die cuts from amuse studio and Taylored Expressions.  And I based the layout of my card on the Sunday Stamps sketch that I turned on it's side.


The colourQ ladies have created some great cards this week so be sure to head on over to check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Snowflake Trio die (amuse studio), Make a Snowflake die (Taylored Expressions), Deckled Rectangle die (Spellbinders), Basic Pearls (SU)

13 comments:

Allisa said...

Love this! Your shaded frame adds so much to the card design!

CASTOWNE said...

It's NEVER too early to start on Christmas cards. Love this one...wish I had enough confidence to try sewing on cards.

Kathya said...

Wow Jen, what a great Christmas card! Really like the stitching on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this week!

maria f. said...

This is such a beautiful and soft use of the colors. Love those snowflakes layered.

Becca said...

It's simple but it looks so rich! Great card, filing away for future inspiration. :)

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jjcreations said...

Wow, Jen, this Christmas card is so simple and wonderfully elegant! I love the little pearls, and especially the way you created a "frame" on the white piece. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the design of your card Jen. So pretty!

Unknown said...

What a great job with my sketch this week Jen! Love the colour combo you went with and the clean look of this sweet Christmas card. So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again :)

Hofkissed said...

I just love the simplicity of your card. I adore how you placed the pearls too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sunday Stamps!

Kay Miller said...

Oh this is so pretty!! I love the layered snowflake. The green underneath looks like pine! Very beautiful card Jen!!